UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Goober

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Goober

Goober

I had to post to the dictionary definition instead of the official Word of the Day entry cuz I'm at a hotel and I was getting some weird error messages. So unfortunately, you don't get the "did you know?" section that discusses the entomology and all that. But who needs it when you can come here to get information that's even more interesting? That's right, in looking around for goober stuff online, I came across this ditty. But wait, there's more!! Who says you can't learn anything visiting my blog? I hope no one, cuz if they did, they're obviously wrong!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Burl Ives singing those songs while at the same time playing Big Daddy is just surreal.

To my reader who speaks English as a second (or third) language. While 'goober' may mean peanut, whilst visiting the former British colonies known as the U.S. of A., remember that if you decide to use 'goober' instead of 'peanut,' this is what many people will visualize.

Just, you know, FYI...

1 comment:

  1. I find it oddly appropriate that in a discussion of the word "goober" you used "entomology" instead of "etymology." Don't know if it was intentional, but it made me laugh. So let's assume it was.

    ReplyDelete