UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Incorrigible

Friday, July 6, 2012

Incorrigible

Incorrigible

Speaking of incorrigible...my friend Jenn (who is always corrigible) wrote this on Facebook yesterday, and I just had to share. Seriously, she really needs to start her own blog - she's hilarious...


"While talking to dad about the upcoming election I realized the key to turning a nice chat over lunch into a full-fledged rant over lunch is to say "But Mitt Romney's insufferable." Also wasn't the best idea to follow his speech about the state of the union with "The only thing I'm voting on is Minnesota's marriage amendment act. There's no point in voting for anything else as long as lobbyists run the country." He demanded to know how I expect anything to change if I refuse to vote? I said, "That's a good point" while quietly reflecting on how brilliant it was that someone came up with the idea to make a movie starring Matthew McConaughy's abs.

"I'm pretty sure the worst birthday present I could have given my politically passionate father was expressing such a deep level of cynicism. He still believes in the power of the vote. And he still deeply cares. I believe it's nobody's damn business if a dude wants to marry a dude or a lady wants to marry a lady, and that's pretty much it.

"Of course if McConaughy's abs ever run for office... I mean they really are an ideal candidate. They're inoffensive and universally appealing. They can't lie to you. They're photogenic. When the state of the union interrupts something good on tv people won't get upset - they'll actually watch, because for a whole half hour to forty-five minutes they'll get to stare at those abs against a backdrop of the flag and maybe for the first time in their lives actually feel proud to be an American. I really believe that McConaughy's abs are what this country needs to end political divisiveness, boost the economy, eliminate 50 Shades of Grey from the NY Times Bestsellers list, and cure runs in stockings."

No comments:

Post a Comment