UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: anthophilous

Thursday, July 12, 2012

anthophilous

Anthophilous

"And so, I will fill you with the pollen of knowledge!"
"You've been thaying that for the latht three weeks! An' tho fill us, an' tho fill us!"

And thus botany humour was born.

As an aside, my cat just sat on my computer mouse. I think she's trying to hatch it or something.

Nice, now it smells like Friskies.

Anyway, I wonder if people who hand pollinate plants refer to themselves as anthophilousters. Which of course at their next symposium would lead to

"So I says to the guy, I says, 'you anthophilouster, you brought her'!"
!!!!!!HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!
"Botanists RULE!! YEA!!"

And yes, I know botany humour already exists. But would those jokes still be funny after all the botanists had a cocktail or three??

Speaking of which, you find the oddest things while doing an 'anthophilus' image search...

The 'sband may not like this idea,
but I think I know what our Christmas
cards are going to be this year.
And I would write more because this is sort of short today, but after that, who needs it...???

No comments:

Post a Comment