UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Hyponagogic

Friday, June 1, 2012

Hyponagogic

Hypnagogic*

Hey look, a 'y' in the middle of the word! I love that. I thynk when it's a short 'i' it should always be 'y'. But then I thynque that words that end with 'k' or 'ck' should instead all end with -que, so there's that one.

Anyway, hypnagogic sleep is the best. I have just enough control over what's in my head to know that I have no control over what's in my head and I can just sit back and enjoy the show. I swear, there's a complete nother world in my subconscious that comes to play when I go to sleep. I remember one time the 'sband came to wake me from a nap to go to a party and I hollered out "Noooooo!!" like I was some kid who was being forced up for Sunday school or something. Oh wait, that's not what I'm talking about. I know. I woke up one morning and the hypnagogic world I had just been visiting was so real! I dreamt we owned an inn in Vermont and the 'sband always wore really tight sweaters. And had big hair. And big breasts. No offense, but euw. Why would the 'sband have big hair?

Another time in hypnagogic bliss...oh hell, we all know what's coming, so let's just cut to the chase.

*To the dude who questioned that I was not releasing the entries for that day's word of the day: yes, I know this word is from last weekend, but I called your legal guardian who said you'd be able to handle it. And don't worry reader who said it, I won't mark this note up with yer name - I'll keep it our secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment