UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Eschew

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Eschew

Eschew

So I'm sitting here with the 'sband watching Modern Family, which has nothing to do with anything, and when we started talking about the Merriam Webster Word of the Day being 'eschew.' He pointed out that it's pronounced 'es-CHOO,' not 'es-SHOO' like I've always heard it said. Thing is, once the 'sband finds out such a thing, it takes a bit for him to let it go.

"It's pronounced es-CHOO...es-CHOO...ess CHOO!" And then a few more times like he was sneezing. "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeessss-CHOOOOOOO!"

And yes, he made me laugh. But it's nice to laugh. In fact, I want to share my joviality with you and those around you:
- If you are at work in a cube, stand up and look over the wall at a co-worker.
- If you are in sitting near someone and there is no wall, simply look their way (spouse, partner, friend, relative, bro, booty call, stranger, doesn't matter)
- If you are by yourself, give someone a call - right now!

And then say:

"Hey, guess what? Eschew is not pronounce es-SHOE, It's pronounced es-CHOO...es-CHOO...ess CHOO!" And now do it like yer sneezing. "Eeeees-CHOOOOOO! Eeeeeeeeeees-CHOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Doesn't that feel good to feel the love and humor?? You're welcome, darn it, you're welcome!

PS: My 'sband, I think I'll keep him!


No comments:

Post a Comment