UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Fugacious

Monday, June 4, 2012

Fugacious

Fugacious

This weekend the 'sband and I went to the Nort' Shore where we discovered the lilacs and apple trees were in bloom (and the days were 18 hours long [no complaints there]). It got me thinking just how fugacious spring flowers are. I hate that. So I decided to create a list of fugacious things that I wish weren't...

  1. Spring flowers (obviously). I know that blossoms that turn into apples et al can't stay around, but tulips and lilacs and lily-of-the-valley just fade way too quickly.
  2. Weekend road trips with friends.
  3. Shots of hot guys in fashion commercials with both sexes. Seriously, they always show the women more than the guys. It's sexist. Who do I sue?
  4. The flavor in Fruit Stripe gum. Even dude that wrote the Wikipedia entry agrees! It's like 30 seconds of flavor orgasm, and then it just rolls over and falls asleep.
  5. The third (final) movement of the Sibelius Symphony No. 5. I'm sure Mr. Sibelius would say that at almost nine minutes it's as long as it needs to be, but for some of us it's a good five minutes too short. And remember, the last five notes take up three of those nine minutes, so...so there ya go!
  6. Creme brulee.
  7. Freakies cereal. Yes, I know they were around for four years, but still, such a great ad campaign!
  8. The average roller coaster/water flume ride.
  9. The last Sondre Lerche CD. Still love you, Sondre, but considering the amount we pay for these things, CDs should always be longer than 10 songs and 40 minutes!!
  10. Technology. I think we can all agree on this one. Just when you think yer cutting edge, an upgrade comes out. Drives me crazy. On the other hand, I'm not usually an early adapter, so I can sit back and watch the show.
And what do you feel is/are fugacious??

2 comments:

  1. Summer in Minnesota, iced coffees, weekends, really good books...all fugacious. Thanks for the awesome new word :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to add: Birthday cakes. Good haircuts. "Pushing Daisies." Breakfast time at McDonald's.

    ReplyDelete