UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Exigent

Friday, June 15, 2012

Exigent

Exigent

So this week I'm writing the entries on the morning of the word. Which means that, even more than in the past, I'm really making this crap up as I go along. Talk about being exigentious!

One of my biggest questions I'm always asking myneself is: should I end this sentence with a period or an exclamation mark?* I'm sitting here drinking the 'Sband's famous 2/3 caff, 1/3 de-caff joe** and, while I'm basically awake, I'm not exactly bouncing off the walls. So every sentence I write initially gets a period. Then I'll read it and think, yes, that's the mood for it. But then I realize that no matter what I write, a period is the mood for everything cuz I'm in a period sort of mood. So I force myself to look into the future where I'll have had two more cups of joe and a shower.

Would I normally say this with more 'Oomph'? Unfortunately, I say things with 'oomph' as often as I have 'a-ha' moments. I hate those expressions, so they never happen and I always have to rephrase the question.

Would I say it like I would exclaim if a certain someone showed up at my door? Well no, I wouldn't scream it like a schoolgirl. So I have to rephrase the question.

Would I say it like I greet the 'Sband every evening when he comes home from the office, opens the front door and says "Honey, I'm home!" Perfect! Yes, that is how I'd..oh boy...uh..ack...gack...yack...yikes, you'll have to excuse me, I think I'm puking up a hairball...

PS: Once again, doing a 'webs search with the WotD brings back the most curious results! If anyone can tell me what this rather odd picture has to do with the company seeking a web designer, let me know and you'll win a prize!*** (Really, and some of you think I'm random!)

*Obviously not that sentence because it's a question; I'm talking, for example, the one before it.
**I don't know either. He just does. I'm sure he's explained why to me, but we've been together for over a  decade - we haven't really heard anything the other's said in years. In fact, it sort of ticked me off the other night: "BrieDank," quoth he rolling over, "I can't sleep and am thinking maybe some white noise would help. Tell me all about your day. And then go on and talk about your hopes and dreams for our future together."
***Prize will be a full-screen VHS version of Dinosaurus!, which is actually a rather fun movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment