UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: benevolent

Monday, June 11, 2012

benevolent

Benevolent

Wow, I must be in a Mood or something because as I sit and try to be ironic with benevolent, I jump over to the dark side and turn sarcastic and/or hateful. Unfortunately, some people claim benevolence to cover their intolerance and control issues, and then people point it out, which at times makes them intolerant and controlling. I hate that - takes all the fun out of ambiguity.

So let's go through historical people who were truly benevolent and what they contributed to us:

  • Dude what invented wine: gave all those cork tree growers a reason for growing all those cork trees.
  • Dude what invented the Wankel engine: gave engineers something to snicker about.
  • The City of Hamburg: gave us the Hanseatic League.
  • Joan of Arc: gave us the amazing movie The Passion of Joan of Arc.
  • Abe Lincoln: allowed "Our American Cousin" to become a part of history instead of just another forgotten Victorian farce.
  • Dude what invented the wheel: gave me the only toy I had as a kid - my wheel and my stick to keep it going down the street.
  • Michele Bachmann
  • Jesus Christ: Allowed Phil Spector's 'A Christmas Wish for You' album.*
  • George Washington: gave us an excuse for cherry pie.
  • The 'Sband: laughs at my jokes.
Play along at home time! Who can you add??

*Oooooooh, hope I don't get into trouble for that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment