UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Cerebrate

Friday, August 3, 2012

Cerebrate

Cerebrate

Isn't this one of the types of angels that came down at - lo! - that first Christmas? the seraphim and cerebrate? Which would make sense since Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel with God in a brain. Oh, and there's one in God's neck, too. So the question then is, why don't we ever see those flying brains in nativity scenes at Christmas? We see all kind of seraphim, but never any cerebrate. If I were a cerebrate I would not be happy! Seems rather prejudiced, ifn* you ask me.

"Knock knock!"
"Who's there?"
"Why do certain angels like to go to certain wedding receptions?"
"I give up. Why do certain angels like to go to certain wedding receptions?"
"Because they like to...Cerebrate Good Times, Come On!"
"Wow, I did not know that! Does that have anything to do with YMCA?"
"Only that both are usually played at the same receptions. On the other hand, what does it say that YMCA is now danced to more often by straight people than gay?"
"That straight guys are now sporting fairy tails not knowing that they're signaling to the world that they're gay like in the '80s?"
"Tsk, you've heard it before."

*To the Russian bot that keeps checking for ways to hack my blog: 'ifn' is a colloquialism said by the same type of person who would say "Storm's a-brewin', Pa!" And as the 'sband can attest, I sometimes like to say "Storm's a-brewin', Pa" even when there's not a storm a-brewing, nor is my pa around. I just like saying it. "Storm's a-brewin',  Pa!" Whisper it. Now look at the person nearest to you and say it out loud - with emotion! Isn't that fun? As usual, you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment