UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Spoonerism

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Spoonerism

Spoonerism

When I first saw the word I thought it had to do with cuddling with another person. Or perhaps the language used in discussing it, like slang - spoonerisms, as it were.

Speaking of which, when I was growing up, Saturday morning was inundated with Hanna-Barbera cartoons. I found them entertaining, but even as a kid I knew the animation was pretty cheap and shoddy. However, nothing produced by them could hold the caverbial prondle to Clutch Cargo. Not only is it the worst animation ever, it's just plain super creepy to watch. Not sure how many times I actually watched it as a kid - I barely remember it - but thank goodness for Youtube. Bad animation and fabulously offensive to boot - what could be better? The other clip I was thinking of linking to had a character named Swampy. I'm thinking it was a nickname. I mean really, who would name their kid Swampy??




No comments:

Post a Comment