UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Mettlesome

Monday, August 6, 2012

Mettlesome

Mettlesome

Speaking of books, I ran across a little number entitled Sir Ashley's Mettlesome Match, which takes place during the Georgian period. That would explain the guy's haircut on the cover. On clicking the Look Inside!, I noticed that underneath the disclaimer about not buying the book if the cover is missing, which I've seen before, there was a Please Recycle symbol, which I have not seen before (at least not in books). Since the don't-buy-this-book-if-it-hasn't-a-cover warning is for the consumer, I can only assume that the recycling suggestion is for the consumer, also. I think if I had a book published and there was a Please Recycle! reminder on the credits page, I would be sad. I mean, really, I know that when one buys Harlequin one knows one is not getting high lit-trah-chah, but nevertheless.

"Won't somebody think of the authors?"

Speaking of Harlequin, I remember hearing (many years ago) that they had 12 new titles a month. I've been seeing a lot of different lines and imprints in used book stores,* and decided just now that I needed to see just how big Harlequin's become. Oh my. I have to admit, I was not expecting this. My fave, of course, I mean, how could it not be? is the NASCAR line. Who knew that mechanics and stock car drivers were such chick magnets? There are some where women are working right along side the men and this one where the woman has a more traditional role. FYI, in real life, there are four such cookbooks - three by men about grilling and tailgating, and this one.

Oh man, this could be one long entry if I don't stop clicking on links. From the Harlequin website:

"Harlequin Blaze is…The sexy situation in Friends with Benefits blended with the sheer romance of The Time Traveler's Wife."

Me: "Is The Time Traveler's Wife romantic?"
The 'sband: "No idea."
Look it up on IMDB
Me: "Why is the guy hanging from the ceiling?"
TS: "I think he just popped in from time traveling as she was getting ready to do a calf stretch."

I love my husband.

*When I mentioned all the different lines to the 'sband once at a store, the woman behind the counter asked me if I collected them. I had to disappoint her by saying I just liked looking to see what was out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment