UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Deep-six

Monday, July 30, 2012

Deep-six

Deep-six

Wow, needless to say, if yer dirty minded, yer brain went somewhere not quite to what the definition is. You know who you are.* So, when you ask someone about their relationship and they say they were deep-sixed, remember, it may not be something to be happy about.

Those crazy leadsmen and their crazy slang, tho! Makes me wonder if they had a special term for every foot of water

- Shallow water
- Mark twain
- Triple plunger
- Waste high
- Fingers galore
- Six deep
- Lucky seven
- Eight it yesterday
- No-way nine
- Big fat hen
- Leavened 'leven
- Apostles at dinner
- Joined by Jesus
- Mary made it
- Sans a foot
- Pushing twenty
- Old enough for me
- I can kill but I can't drink
- College boy thinks he's so freaking cool reading his stupid poetry and philosophy and crap. I'd liked to see him work like a real man for once.
- Dos equis
- Let's party!
- Dos dos equis

I could do this all day, but I got the biscuits on. It's amazing, tho, how so many different slang terms became universal. Did I ever tell you who my favorite sailor was in Peter Jackson's King Kong? I did? Well, I do write this five times a week - it's not like I can remember everything I ever write!!

*I should hope so. If you don't know who you are, how could anyone else? Unless you have amnesia and everyone is telling you that you are the brother of Jake who was just kidnapped by his evil twin brother after Jake broke up Carly and Sam because he knew that Sam didn't actually love Carly but just went after her because Sam was going to get in good with the family and bring it down from within. Unless yer that person, you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment