UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: A-go-go

Monday, August 13, 2012

A-go-go

A-go-go

All that talk about a-go-going and they discuss neither go-go dancing nor George Michael being asked to be awakened before you head out for the dance hall? I've always been rather puzzled, however, how is allowing someone to sleep instead of awakening them to go dancing leaving them "hanging on like a yo-yo"? Which is why I could never be a song writer - I'd have the theme, I'd have the chords, I'd even have the hooks, but there would be two lines with no words where I couldn't think of anything to rhyme and I would never get it published.

"I got this great song, I think it could be a huge hit, but I really want the phrase 'go-go' in it, and can't think of a suitable rhyming phrase."
"Wake me up for you go-go."
"I really wanna see that drag queen Lolo."
"The scene tonight is better than so-so."
"Let's go on down to that club in SoHo."
"Maybe I'll get to dance with Han Solo."
"We'll probably see Curly, Larry and Moe Moe."
"I hope who's not out is the scary clown Koko"

Oops...I gotta go for breakfast (boy talka abouta screwy schedule)

No comments:

Post a Comment