UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Pandect

Monday, July 2, 2012

Pandect

Pandect

You know what needs to be put in the pandect of the United States? Using 'literally' correctly. Talk about being able to judge a person's ignorance. Here's a test: where is 'literally' misused in this article? Cripes.*

What really kills me (not literally) is that the Homo sapiens** who are against Obamacare were tweeting last week about moving to Canada. That's right, dammit! "America: love it or leave it!" (Here I thought I'd be the one leaving.) Anyhooze, it was pointed out that they would be escaping Obamacare by moving to country that already has universal health care. What was not pointed out is that they would also be moving to a country where gay marriage is legal. Yea, they'd love that. Literally.

Speaking of gay marriage, did you see what's going on in France? I love this quote:

"Within a year, people of the same sex will be able to marry and adopt children together," Dominique Bertinotti, junior minister for families, told the daily Le Parisien. "They will have the same rights and duties as any married couple. And let me set the record straight. Some people say that I am doing this just to piss off the United States. That's not true. Although it is fun."

What??!?!?! He literally said that?? Well, he must have! You just read it on the internets!

Back to the word of day. Or not. One last thing, I wanted to say that myne favorite piece on 'literally' is over at The Oatmeal.***

*Am I the only person who loves that word? 'Cripes.' What a great word!
**I refuse to call people derogatory names on this blog even if they deserve it. But knowing the mentality of these individuals, calling them anything with the word 'homo' in it is gonna make them hemorrhage.
***And people call me a smart-ass! I can't touch Matthew! (Literally - he lives a long ways away from me. And the 'Sband probably wouldn't be too keen on it. And you know, why would I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment