UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Maffick

Monday, May 21, 2012

Maffick

Maffick

I know, right? I thought it said Matlock at first, too! Boy, was I confused! Funny how we think so much alike.*

So I feel I must share a concern I have. After the This American Life debacle where Mike Daisey apparently made crap up about the working conditions in the China iPad factory, the radical right is using that as ammunition to go after David Sedaris and questioning how much of what he says is fabrication. Uh oh. As an out gay lefter who may or may not have seasoned a statement or two with liberties, this is no time for Mafficking! What if they decide to come after me, look into what I've said, and start asking questions?

I knew this day would come. I release this entry with the timidity of a Wisconsin infant trying its first spoonful of Old Fashioned. As much I would love to celebrate this, my (almost) 50th entry, it is truly not a maffickacious moment.

Thus I apologize if this is rather short, I just can't get out from under this burden of worry that...well, they're watching me.

*Remember, just because 'alike' is correct does not mean that 'alot' is. Shuuuuudder!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment