UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Argot

Friday, May 18, 2012

Argot

Argot

I cannot see that word without thinking of the cornstarch. OK, this is just bizarre. In looking for an example of the cornstarch, I came across amylophagia, which is the compulsive eating of starch. Holy crap, there's one for the who knew? file.

Moving on.

I love the Henry Fielding quip: "court gibberish." I think we can all agree (at least those of us who have worked there) that "corporate gibberish" can be added to the list.

Speaking of argot, you may remember that last week I referred to The Guy I Love as my 'sband. So I'm thinking to myneself, I'm thinking, myneself, I think we should put 'sband in the Urban Dictionary. So I create the entry and it seems pretty cut and dry when suddenly I get a message stating that an editor will look at it and get back to me.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Urban Dictionary has editors?!?! They have gatekeepers?? And my word is still not out there! Perhaps it's because I said it was first used in this blog and they could see that it was shameless self-promotion(?). (What other kind is there?) So as you can imagine, I'm sitting here rather distraught.* I'll give it another week and try again, darn it!

*Luckily I remembered to don my pearls for easy grasping!

PS: If you're enjoying my li'l blog here, howzaboutz sharin' it with someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment