UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Proficient

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Proficient

Proficient

So I asked the 'sband what he thought I was proficient in.

"Drama."

Well, let me tell you, I was taken aback! I grasped at myne Barbara Bushes* and came back aforth, pulling myneself up to full height. In fact, I made him wait whilst I retrieved my platforms** so I was thus able to pull myneself above full height! Yes, I was that scandalized! Scandalized and shocked! And I looked him in the forehead and I said

"Really, honey? Drama? I am proficient at drama?"

Obviously my 'sband had not read the definition carefully or said 'sband would know that I am adept*** at drama, not proficient. There are some things in life one just cannot learn. As Shakespeare says in the bible: "Do, or do not. There is no try!" he also said in one of his psalm psonnets: "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." and later on he was quoted as saying "Mesa cause one, two-y little bitty axadentes, huh? Yud say boom de gasser, den crashin der bosses heyblibber, den banished."

Somebody needs to learn the nuances of the English language a little better, I would quote.

*My new nickname for myne pearls.
**I know, right? How crazy is it that they have the same platforms pictured on that blog that I own?
***That's right, I italicized and bolded. Get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment