UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Boniface

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Boniface

Boniface

Some of us cannot see that word without hearing Patrick Dennis saying "I don't wanna go to old Boney Face (a private prep school)!"

The closest I ever came to getting sent away to school was a military school. (Yikes!) And all because I was caught driving my brother's Corvette without permission. Well, it wasn't my brother's, it was a friend's to whom I looked up as a brother. Well, he wasn't a friend, but he would've been if we had known each other! So stupid though. The reason I got pulled over is because of the radio station I had tuned in. I wanted to sue because I thought pulling me over cuz the cops didn't think someone in a Corvette would listen to that struck me as prejudice. Well, it was that and the fact that the cop couldn't see the top of my head as I drove by him. That wasn't my fault either - for a ten-year-old I was of average height. And I was driving just fine. I was doing the speed limit on the highway just like I was supposed to. I just didn't know it was a manual and that I should have taken it out of first.

Luckily when I was in front of the judge everything was straightened out when I explained I had acted out after not getting the game I had wanted for my birthday. He completely understood and said he had one at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment