UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: incunabulum

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

incunabulum

Incunabulum

I don't need or want a lot of things out of life, but an incunabulum would certainly add a ray of sunshine, I must say! Is that so wrong? I don't think so. Oh, and I want a Faberge Egg.* Oh, and a couple of these. and this. Such little wishes for me!**

Speaking of incunabulum, The One I Heart and I were at the Getty a few years ago which at the time was highlighting an incredible display of illuminated manuscripts. Our reverie of awe was shattered when we overheard the following:
She: "Wow, these books are so beautiful!"
He: "Well they were monks - they didn't have anything else to do!"

oh my.

*A real one that had been given the Tsar and his family - no repros, please!
**Fine, what I really want is...but I'm trying to be realistic here.

No comments:

Post a Comment