UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Four-flush

Monday, April 16, 2012

Four-flush

Four-flush

So I was thinking - oh crap, the dryer just went off, be right back.

Sorry about that. Anyway, I was thinking about what to write today, and I can't remember what it was, but I was gonna bitch about something like I did on Friday. It struck me however that doing a blog, especially one like this where even I don't know WTH I'm gonna write when I sit down, could very easily turn into a bitchalogoue.* Of course, I have no idea who my reader is and maybe s/he would like to hear me bitch. But, well, life is just too short. Drama. Who needs it?

What I really wanted to say was that I found the perfect cure to writer's block: make the choice either writing or dusting. I had nothing to say until I realized I needed to get cleaning, and suddenly ideas were coming out of my ears like drag queens during the last weekend of June.**

I always like to put a movie on when I clean. I find it's better than music because I can take little breaks and look at the screen while not completely quitting what I'm doing. I have certain movies for certain things - I put on It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World when I make Thanksgiving dinner, because nothing says the start of the holiday season like Ethel Merman shouting "Just like your father - a big stupid muscle-headed moron!"

I always used to iron to the original King Kong. "Looks like something from the...dinosaur family!" "Everyone knows you're sku-way-uh...Denham!" "Don't worry, folks, these chains are made of chrome steel!" So many great lines! That's one of my favorite things about the Peter Jackson version - all the reused lines. So great!! Oh, and yea

Anyway, right now I have on Koyaanisqatsi. A great movie, but absolutely no memorable lines. How does that happen??

I need to dust, that's all there is to it.

Oh, and as far as the word of the day is concerned, if 'tweren't for four-flushing, I wouldn't be able to carry on a conversation.***

*Or as the say in Russian: Bitchalogue. Oh looky there, according to Google translate it's the same in Russian as in English. Cool!
**Wow, talk about a bad mixed metaphor. "Get the hell outa there, you drag queens - whachu doing livin' in myne ears??"
***Or was that sentence just me four-flushing??? Hmmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. My idea of the four-flush is when I am trying to get rid of some over-evident or terribly pungent solids from the cat box before someone comes over and the darned things seem to float back out of the ultimate destination.

    ReplyDelete