UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Bedizen

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bedizen

Bedizen

I may live up to some of the gay stereotypes,* but the whole fashion and decor thing is just not me. When the Main Only Squeeze and I started dating, lo those many years ago, he needed to buy a suit. We went to the mall, spent probably twenty minutes looking around at which point he said, "I'm done. I'll look more later."

YES!! He likes shopping as much as I do - not very stinkin' much! At that exact moment I knew I was on my way to falling for him.**

But, just for the heck of it, I may take a strand of my DNA in to some PhD candidate who needs a project and have take a look at it - see what makes me not have that particular gene.

OK, so I don't have too much to say, but instead, I think we should spend a few minutes with Madge***. "Why Madge?" you may query. Because she has a song with a title now officially changed (at least in my world) to "Bedizen You." Everyone sing, "gonna bedizen you in my love!" Society could be so much more eloquent if songwriters used their thesauri more. And seriously, nothing says 'bedizen' more than Madge in the 80s.

*You can guess which ones...heh heh...
**It may actually have been before then. Or maybe after. I can't remember, it was lo, those many years ago and all that.
***Another stereotype to which I do not live up.

No comments:

Post a Comment