UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Secrete

Friday, March 16, 2012

Secrete

Secrete
So I'm adding a new feature!! (I heart new features!) For your convenience, I'm going to put the word at the top of the post linked to the definition. But what I want you to do is read the title in your normal reading-to-yerself inner voice and then read the link in a softer inner voice like you're getting ready for some kid to spell it. Try it now!!

Isn't that fun?? (You're welcome.)

As many people who know me know, I hate hate HATE the whole corporate-speak turning nouns into verbs. However!! Add an 'e' to the end of a word and it's a completely different story. I heart the word secrete! Plus, it's so fun to use! "I'm going to secrete a bunch of baked beans in my saferoom in preparation for the zombie uprising."*

Another one is envelope - so great! "Look at the sweet poor young thing - enveloped in her/her own angst and ennui."  Do your best Edward Gorey: "Aaaaaahh, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, ennui...!" quoth the woman on the roof

 Wow, did that get me off topic. So anyway, your task dear reader (Hi, Joan!) is to think of more words that are nouns that can have an 'e' put at the end to turn them into cool verbs! Then we'll get them printed around the nets and force the OED to include them in their little dictionary. And when the list of  new words comes out, you can say "I made that word! I'm just like Shaikespeere.** And Sarah Palin."***

 *Hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm...secreted baked beans...
**Please see entry for March 14, 4012.
***Please note, you do not have to compare yourself to Sarah Palin when it happens. I would never force anyone (unless they were actually like her, but I doubt very many of Those People will be reading this post) to say that.


No comments:

Post a Comment