UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Kedge

Monday, July 16, 2012

Kedge

Kedge

I'll bet if I said I was gonna talk about hot-air ballooning, you'd say

"Well, that's a silly season story!"

And you would normally be correct, but it's now Monday and we're still in the air. Yes, 94 hours and, well, I guess we're getting our money's worth.

Between the burner being stuck on high and the winds, we're somewhere over Michigan. Or perhaps Idaho.* Or Illinois. Or Canada. We did get sort of close to the ground once, and our host threw out the anchor to grab onto a tree, but instead of hooking a branch, it hooked on to the Le Car parked next to it. There was a slight fight between gravity and helium, but a gust of wind took us up a few feet causing the engine and drive shaft of the Le Car to fall out - go figure - and it was all the proverbial 'She' wrote. So if you see a balloon with Judge Reinhold painted on the side kedging around a Le Car, that's us.

Just so you're not completely worried, we've been able to snab a goose flying by every now and then to cook over the burner. I tell you, if we really did have a Christmas goose instead of turkey there would be no arguments about someone takin' too much gravy! Do you know how much gravy you could make from one of these things? I'm talking gallons!! And me with no corn starch. I knew I shouldn't have left it in the glove compartment. (Now if we only figure out where to get some fiber....you know what I mean.)


I have to go. "Someone" wants the Galaxy back so he can send another distress signal. blah blah. Compared to the old SOS flares, sending a bunch of texts is SO underwhelming.

*Hey, who you calling a 'ho'? HA! Sorry, not much oxygen up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment