UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Lucifern

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lucifern

Lucifern

Ah, cripes, yes, I know, fireflies have butts that glow. No, I'm not gonna write about glowing butts. However, if you're disappointed in this, ride a bike for a hundred miles in a day and report back (just saying).

But(t) who knew that Lucifer was the morning star? Just for fun, the next time you're out with some grade-school kid(s) being brought up in the Judeo-Christian tradition, be sure to point out Lucifer in the morning sky. They (and their parents) will appreciate that.

Alright, normally, the only ads that are on this blog are those placed by Google. I don't make suggestions on buying this brand over that, but today I have to make an exception. A couple of months ago I was looking to buy some Luciferin Substrate, and after searching and searching, I'm proud to announce that I finally decided to go with BioThema brand, and I'm very glad I did. At first the 'sband thought I was only going for this brand because it was Swedish, and we all know, Swedes are hot.*

"Well," I refuted, "if I really wanted to be that superficial, I'd buy from the company owned by, well, you know, but since he doesn't own a company that produces Luciferin Substrate, there's that one. Besides," I continued rather eloquently, "there's no background to this brand, plus, it stays fresh for a year in the freezer and easily dissolves in equimolar NaHCO3!"

Thing is, we have like a pound of  equimolar NaHCO3 we got from a friend for Christmas last year. Now don't get the 'sband going on that one! Oy vay Maria!! What happened is that, unfortunately I have truly crappy hand writing, and what I asked for in the letter to said friend was Na2CO3! But instead of getting a pound of sodium bicarbonate, we get just plain sodium carbonate. Do we look like we're gonna make a bunch of glass?? We laughed and laughed!!

Man, good memories!! God bless us, everyone! Even Mr. Potter!

*I'll let you do your own image search on hot Swedes - I can't do all the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment