UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Tranche

Friday, May 11, 2012

Tranche

Tranche

Every day I go to analytics (as you know), and every day I see the following:

The Colonies: 4
Матушка Россия: 2
Your mom: 1*

And then over to the side there's a pie chart showing the tranche.** Why they feel the need to have a pie chart is beyond me, but they do. So I was thinking, though, pie charts are so tired and cliche, I've decided that the next time I have to do a chart, it's going to be a casserole chart.***  Or perhaps a man-hole-cover chart. Or a Ferris-Wheel chart. Or heck, a Round-Up chart, or Tilt-a-Whirl chart**** Or perhaps a 33 1/3- or 45- or 78-RPM chart. That would keep the yung'uns guessin'!


While any of those are good for a circle chart, I'm truly torn when it comes to a rectangular chart. I really wanted to refer to them as blueberry cobbler charts, but then I suddenly remembered that they could be called letter-box charts. Then if I needed a square chart, it would be a full-screen chart, which would make it a duel name chart for whichever form was better suited. Man, the quandaries I have in life!!

Excuse me, but my private phone in my study is ringing, and we all know who it is!!

*Why and how it separates out my mom, I'll never know. She claims she knows none of the upper ups at Google, but i have my doubts. She used to claim the red phone in her sewing room wasn't a direct line to the Vatican either.And yet I couldn't use it because "it only understands Italian." Whatever.
**How's that for stretching that def?
***I was going use hotdish chart, but that's sort of hard to say.
****Scratch that! "Tilt-a-Whirl" is copyrighted - don't wanna get into trouble.

1 comment:

  1. In the case of ****, you'd better not use "Frisbee disk" chart, either.

    ReplyDelete