UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Inimitable

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Inimitable

Inimitable

You know who I think is inimitable? That's right!*

So anyway, here's a few more things I think are inimitable:
  • The first sentence of Bellefleur by Joyce Carol Oates. 
  • The 3D effects in Hugo. (Thank you, Martin Scorsese!)
  • Glen or Glenda directed by Ed Wood. Some bad movies are so bad they're funny (Plan Nine from Outer Space), some are embarrassing (Sextette with Mae West), but Glen/Glenda is so bad it's...just bad. Although the word "baffling" does come to mind.
  • The Marx Brothers - 'nough said. 
  • The Ryugyong Hotel - not because of the design, but because, who gets that far along in building something and then just stops? Oh wait, North Korean Communists - answered my own question.
  • The great Boston Molasses Disaster - at least I hope it's inimitable. I was trashing on the Commies, it's only fair to trash on the capitalists - at least the ones that are stupid and flagrantly negligent.
Ok, this is sort of short, but I have to look for a job...I promised the 'sband...

*To my long-term reader: HA! I'm not THAT completely predictable!

No comments:

Post a Comment