UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Tempestuous

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tempestuous

Tempestuous


You know what the definition of tempestuous is? The 'sband and me after a trip to Costco.


"Really, honey, a 50-pound bag of chopped pecans?"
"I told you, I wanted to make muffins! That's why I bought the case of bananas! They're all nice and yellow, they'll be perfect. I have to strike with the match is hot."
"I don't think that's how that..."
"And besides, you bought that DVD boxed set of the entire RKO library!"
"Hey, it has all the Fred and Ginger stuff...and 'King Kong'!"
"But it's over 1,200 movies! And even you said you disliked 'A Western Welcome'!"
"I did not! How can you hate a move that's about Ray Whitley and the other cowhands arranging an old-fashioned welcome for the new ranch owner and, not knowing that the new owner is a woman, they mistake a lawyer for the owner and are fired; but after a few songs, all is forgiven and they are rehired? Seriously, how can you hate that?"
"Well, you said it."
"Well, I changed my mind. I love it."
"Well, there's no place in the car for this jar of peanut butter."
"Well, who's idea was it to buy it?"
"Yours! And stop saying 'well'!"
"Well...oh, shit it was..."
"You know, we're gonna have to take out a shelf from the 'fridge just to fit it in."
"Oh crap, you're right. That wouldn't matter if we hadn't bought that jar of salsa!"
"I'll keep that in mind when you want some with the chips we bought!"
"Doesn't matter. The chips won't fit in the car, either."
"I'll put 'em on my lap."
"Can't. You need to hold the loaf of bread on yer lap."
"Can't I hold both?"
"I don't know how. As it is, the window is gonna have to be open for the end of the bread to stick out."
"And to think we thought we would have no more space problems once we bought a Hummer."



No comments:

Post a Comment