UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Cachinnate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cachinnate

Cachinnate

I have a feeling that when my friend*

*And when I say 'my friend,' I mean the one friend who reads this. Bless his heart for reading it - it's him, the Holder of My Hand and my faithful reader in Russia. Anyway, I brought the "my friend" up because I'm always fascinated by people who begin a story with "My friend and I..." like they only have one. I find it rather...funny. Not in a cachinnate sort of way, but just in a curious sort of way. If you're going to narrow it down to a specific friend, should I know his/her name? Oh, and my mom. I'm not sure what she thinks of it, though. Everyday I call her and ask her what she thought of that day's entry and she replies "It was different." And then there's an uncomfortable minute or three of silence, and then we talk about The Vampire Diaries and hang up. And when I say one or three minutes, I actually mean four to seven. I know what you're thinking: "Oh, Brie, you most certainly must be taking a ride on the hyperbalization train!" I wish!! I decided to buy a stop watch and time it! Last night was the record breaker, though, at almost eight minutes! Do you know how uncomfortable an uncomfortable pause can be with your mother on the phone after that amount of time? Pretty darned uncomfortable!!! Thing is, my parents are not exactly blameless. I mean really, there we are on Christmas morning, I had just gotten a new milk bottle and clothes pins to play Drop the Clothes Pins in the Milk Bottle. I was just starting to play, in fact, I was doing really well. Seriously, I hadn't gotten this many in in weeks! And a new milk bottle, you imagine how proud my little heart was! So anyway, there we are Christmas morning - I thought there couldn't possibly be any better presents than the one I got. But no!! Why, what's that behind the couch?? No one even noticed it - it was a new Hammond B that Dad had been talking about for months! So we wheeled the organ out from behind the couch, pushed it right up to the Christmas tree and Mom ran upstairs and got her tambourine, and we played our favorite Christmas song!! Well that was just about the best Christmas ever!! You know there was one other one...oh crap, I need to release th

1 comment:

  1. Ha, now I've read it. Also managed to sign in this time & changed my password. So I've accomplished something today.

    ReplyDelete