UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Emote

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Emote

Emote

So the Cute One and I saw a play a while ago about Maria Callas in which she said "You must have a look!" In my opinion, everyone must have an emote, too.* Mine, as I believe I've mentioned before, is "ennui." Whenever I'm feeling a bout of drama coming on, it's the back of the hand to the forehead, a clutching of the pearls, and the wailing of "ENNUI!!!!"

Of course "ennui" has minimal, if anything, to do with drama, but that  matters not. It sounds like it should mean 'drama,' and that's the important thing. I could mix it up by saying it in Russian, I suppose, which would make it "скука" but, ummm...how the hell is that pronounced? "Skicka"? "Skie-kah?""Chky-kuh"? Wow. Guess I'll stick to English.

It just struck me, that "emote" is probably the best all-around emote of them all. Such an interesting word - suitable for every occasion. Say it in a happy almost-falsetto "Eeeeeeeeeeemoooooooooote!!" Say it in a pissed-off gravelly yell "E-MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTE!!!" Say it in a wispy amour "Aaaaah...emoooote!"

So get out there, now and EMOTE!!!!

*Yes, I used a verb as a noun. I'm in a mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment