UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Kowtow

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kowtow

Kowtow

Another great word today. For as long as I can remember, whenever I've heard 'kowtow' it's conjured up visions of bovines fawning over someone. And now that I see it involves touching the forehead to the ground, that's even better. I can just see all these cows begging for mercy, kneeling, touching their heads to the ground holding signs that say 'EAT MORE KALE!! EAT MORE KALE!!"

The One With Whom I Share My Life told me to say "The Chinese - they gave us fireworks, gunpowder, and now we know, kowtow." It's always nice to know whom to thank.

When I was thinking of what to write, I was thinking of the ol' "I like my men like I like my cows - big and dumb." But not only is that really old, my long-term reader already knows it's not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment