UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Zoomorphic

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Zoomorphic

Zoomorphic

So my attitude towards today's word was all over the place. (I'm kinda bored and am looking for something to add a li'l somethin' somethin' to my day.) When I first saw the word, I thought it would be pronounced zoom-MORE-fic which I thought was totally cool (or ‘sweet’ as people say. Should I start saying that instead of cool? Cool is totally my generation, but I do wanna keep up, you know*). But then it was ruined when I saw the two O's were separated. Sad! But then I started reading the definition and the examples and all that, and I have to say I've warmed up on it.**

I especially loved the ‘Did You Know?’ part that discusses pseudomorph (another word not in the Mozilla spell-check dictionary). In discussing it, the writers say that it pertains to "a mineral having the outward form of another species." So maybe like fool's gold? (Or is that fools' gold? Can many fools be fooled at the same time in the same way?) Anyway, I've decided that pseudomorph is going to be my new put-down. When someone is being a knuckle-dragging mouth-breather, instead of having to say all that I can just utter "Pseudomorph." As in, "you look like a human being, but..."

Don’t you love being esoteryque? I do!

 *Totally is totally my generation, too, but boy did everyone hop on that proverbial bandwagon!
 **I woulda warmed up even more if it was spelled "Zoomorphyque" but evidently I can't have everything - at which thought I weep silently and gnash my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment