UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Knee-jerk

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Knee-jerk

Knee-jerk

So I was looking at my stats and saw that I’ve been getting hits from Russia. That's cool, but Russia?? My knee-jerk reaction was that I was going to get pulled in before the House Un-American Activities Committee. I then realized *whew* that neither Joe McCarthy nor Dick Cheney were running the country any longer. I also saw that someone came from stop-a-cheater.com. At first I was hoping some kid was plagiarizing my useful tidbits of information, but then realized it was the wrong kind of cheater. "We think your (add the pronoun of your choice) is cheating - s/he's been reading a blog on a daily basis that, well...take a look. Why, I ax, why would your (repeat said pronoun) be reading this blog? For entertainment? We think not."  

But then I saw that someone got to it through babygearstrollers.info. Now that's just weird. What I was really hoping was that someone would get to it through the Samuel Johnson page of Wikipedia. Now that would be cool and make sense to me!! Oh wait, it's a Wiki, I could just put my own link on the page...hmmm

On a side note, my H&Ker sent me a note about yesterday's blog saying that he thought I sounded resentful in the middle. I sort of was, and I hope the sudden change of attitude didn't throw you, oh myne baby-stroller-toting Russian reader, for too much of a loop. I just really needed to get that off myne chest yesterday. What I really apologize for are the typos. Even checking what I write at 200% on Word I miss stuff. I find it very discomfiting. Very discomfiting indeed. (Which unfortunately means that if you’re using my blog to learn English as a second or third language, you may need to be careful – sorry.)

OH, I know what I was gonna say!! Last night I heard the phrase "gnashing of teeth." O>M>G> as the kids say nowadays when they don't bother taking their finger off the shift key. “Gnashing of teeth.” That expression makes me SO happy!! I mean, you have this great picture in your head of people rolling on the ground in their sack-clothes and hair shirts being more dramatic than even Sarah Bernhardt could ever hope to be (clutching of pearls is kids' play to these people), and just for the cherry on top, there's that fantastic silent G at the beginning!! Seriously, what more do you need for happiness (other than, well, you know)?? Not much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment