UA-30394480-1 http://touchedinthegreymatter.blogspot.com/ Touched in the Grey Matter: Tub-thumper

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tub-thumper

Tub-thumper

Hey, dig this: I guess tub-thumpers discuss their cause with much élan. Huh? Huh? I used an earlier word in today's entry! You know what that means? I may actually remember some of these words and what they mean. I've been getting the WotD for a couple years now, and can't usually remember what a word means five minutes after I delete the email. Thing is, I can't remember what a lot of words mean even after I look them up. Do you know how many times I've looked up "vociferous"? Such a great word, too - just bounces over the gums. The only reason I remember what "odious" means is from reading/seeing Othello numerous times and reading too much Joyce Carol Oates. 

Anyway, back on track. To me, tub-thumpers seem like those people that drive around the neighborhood with the bass of their music so loud it makes their car vibrate. Obviously neither group got enough attention as a child.

"LOOK AT ME!!!!!"

Evidently they don't know that the 21st century way of making up for attention-lacking childhoods is to create a blog where said person talks about little else other than self, and then posts each entry to Facebook and Google+. Hopefully the blog will be at least slightly entertaining, but the important thing is to check the stats every few hours to see just how many people gave said blogger attention. The only problem with this method is that when simply posting on social media, one's "friends" can simply ignore said post and said blogger does not receive the attention said blogger so ignominiously* needs. Damn it! Said blogger needs to quit being so passive-aggressive in said attention getting.

 *I learned that from neither Shaikkespere nor JCO. Not even the WotD. I learned that from a PDQ Bach album. Yes, I said album, and I mean album. "Hmmph," says Shelly Duvall as Olives Oyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment